Where time stands still...
The special story of Villa les Bruyères starts in 1910. Hugo Nagel, director of hotel des Anglais in Nice, married to Cornelia Brabants, daughter of the steward of Castle Vilain XIIII at Leut, built a villa in Lanklaer. What was to become a holiday residence nearby the canal is now a stately villa in an eclectic style surrounded by a spacious garden.
The winter of 1921 was very cold... Cornelia dies and Hugo is left alone. In 1923 he meets a widow, looking for a quiet place to live where people also speak a little French. In 1923 Maria van Moll-Peeters moves into Villa les Bruyères. Next to the spacious villa she has a gardener's house built in the same architectural style.
Leuven was heavily bombed during the 2nd World War. Looking for a safe place and space for a chocolate factory, this family moves into Villa les Bruyères. In addition to manufacturing high-quality chocolates, luxury packaging is also created. The eldest daughter of the family will continue to live in the villa until 2019 and will run her shop with ribbons and packaging until then.